January 5, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,         Monday, January 5, 2015 at 12:28 pm (EST)


This week has been fantastic, probablly one of the best on my mission. I cant believe that it is already over, but this next week is going to be even better. We have been picking up work a lot better. 

Elder Stephenson is such a good companion I am so glad to have him at my side these last few weeks. Its hard to get trunky when I have such a good companion. I am freaking out a bit that I have so little time left. I wish that I could stay in this ward as a missionary forever I love it here. This is probablly the second best ward I have ever served in behind Lamoille. 

This past week we hit our goal of 2 new investigators. It was great. One of them is super solid. We met him on Saturday. We taught him the SMR on his doorstep and invited him to church and he came. He connected with a member kid really well. He loved church and he was even asking about baptism. It was a crazy miracle. We are teaching a few less active part member families. One of which took us to the JSM a couple of weeks ago. We taught a Christmas message with the Bishop the other day and it was great. I dont know whether the nonmember husband and kids are quite ready to investigate but the less active mom seems to be really ready to come back to church sometime soon. 

We are also working with the Bishop in teaching a less active couple. They have been working on coming back for the last 11 years. Bishop has asked us to teach the PMG lessons to them, so we are starting that process. Another wonderful family we got to work with this week were baptized back in July. We had a great visit and they told us how they have felt as new members. They are set up for us to come over and run through the new member lessons with them. They said that they want to work towards the temple so they can be sealed.

Elder Jensen