September 22, 2014



Dear Family and Friends,                   Monday, September 22, 2014  at 10:47 a.m. (EDT)

Transfer day is September 23rd. Are you staying or going somewhere else? I will be staying here as a Zone Leader. I will be receiving another Zone leader as a companion. He will be a first time Zone Leader. Additional to that we will be receiving a brand new missionary to train. So for the next 6 weeks I will be in a trio. Sounds like a lot of fun! Elder Holley will be leaving but he will be staying as a Zone Leader somewhere else.

This week has been awesome. I went on exchange with Elder Plyler in Manchester. He is such a good district leader. He does really well with planning and encouraging the missionaries. We have been working hard in our area and the work is doing good. Everyone seems to be struggling lately with ITLs. We are really trying to motivate them without being overbearing. We definitely used exchanges to promote talking to everyone. Manchester's apartment was pretty clean, except for their bathroom. I asked them if they could replace their shower curtain because it was disgusting. I had a tough time showering in there without puking.

Something I have noticed as a missionary and Casey can use it for advice for his mission. I have been really surprised the last couple of months serving here in Manchester. It was quite a shock to come to the city and see how many people are here to talk to. All of my last areas have been pretty scarce.

There is a clip in the District Movies of Elder Ballard giving advice to Mission Presidents. He gives the advice to have missionaries talk to at least 10 people a day outside of tracting, and set appointments, and members. So in other words talk to the people you see and pass on the street.

In my past areas when I shared this with the district there were many excuses of not being able to talk to anyone because an area is so boonie. which is true to some extent. But you always need to adjust and work with what you have. when I got to Manchester I was glad that I would never hear this excuse from missionaries because there are so many people everywhere. I have been surprised. Unfortunately here it is the same attitude. At district meeting many of the missionaries complain that there is no one to teach. I sit there dumbfounded and the thoughts go through my mind. We are in a city. There are people everywhere. Yet missionaries report of talking to 5 people one day 3 the next and many times we get a report of. "Hey we talked to 0 absolutely no one today, null, nada, oh and also by the way we taught 0 lessons as well. There just isnt anyone to talk to." 

I have learned that it is always about attitude. You gotta find the silver lining to your dark storm cloud. You gotta make lemonade with your lemons. Here it seems that everyone is handed a nice jug of pre-made grape juice, yet the missionaries are disappointed because they wanted lemonade. If that makes any sense. So remember that it is always about your attitude. There is always those that think the grass is greener on the other side, but you gotta learn to work with what you got and love it.
so theres my other missionary rant for the day.



Elder CWJensen