August 18, 2014

Dear Family (Kirwan and Sydney),                   Monday, August 18, 2014 at 11:56 a.m. (EDT)

As you can see from my spelling of Kirwan, I was able to read the Montrose Stake Newsletter this week. It is always great to hear about the Stake back home.

This week has been a really good one. Every day I am tired at the end of the day. I am really tired right now and cant think of much to write. The work is going really excellent here in Manchester.

We were able to see quite a few miracles. We found 8 new investigators this week and we taught 8 lessons with a member present. We invited 154 people to learn this week. Usually we get about 100 a week. So it was very good.

Something that I have really been learning from Elder Holley is the importance of talking with everyone. That is something that I have never been good at. These last few months I have really seen some improvement in myself and the way I do missionary work. Elder Holley is a good companion to have. He definitely keeps me focused on the work instead of looking forward to going home here in a few months. I am really excited for the work in this area, but I am also excited to go home here in a few months. I sure do miss Montrose.

One good lesson we had this week was with a lady named J and her daughter A. We brought our Ward Mission Leader along to teach with us. We taught the Restoration and it was amazing. Brother R, our Ward Mission leader was perfect. He didnt say too much but he said enough to make the lesson really good. I have found that the best members to bring are the ones that bear simple testimony to the investigators. Brother R told J that he knew that the message we shared is true. He told her she could know through the feelings of the spirit. He told her that he feels the spirit when he knows the truth of something. He then told her that he felt that feeling then. He asked her if she felt it. She said that she did. He then told her it was the spirit telling her our message was true. It was a great experience. I then invited her to be baptized on November 15. She said that she would pray about it. It was really a great experience.
 
Oh by the way, next Tuesday we are going to a Sealing for the B's in Colebrook. Elder Holley taught the B's when he was in Colebrook and I interviewed their daughter for Baptism, so we will be going to the Temple next Tuesday. So that will be pretty great. Whenever we go to the temple we swap our preparation days, so instead of having p-day on Monday we will have it on Tuesday, so I will be emailing you next Tuesday, not on Monday.

Also I wanted to let you know that we have the possibility of getting technology tools in this mission. They are going to require us to buy an ipad mini. They will start doing this in September going into the end of the year. The ipads cost $400. I think someone asked what I need for my birthday. Well I don't need any more missionary clothing or anything like that, but any money to help with getting the ipad would be great. 

Also another thing. I don't know if I told you but one of my wisdom teeth is coming in. The top right wisdom tooth has been coming in for the past few months but I keep forgetting to tell you. I remember the doctor said that they weren't going to pull the top two because they are so far up they will never come in, but this one is sure coming in. It seems to be coming in alright though. It doesn't seem like any of my other teeth are shifting. So that's the update with that. Figured I would let you know.

Well thats all I can think of.

Elder Jensen