May 26, 2014



Dear Family and Friends,                    Monday, May 26, 2014 at 12:52 p.m. (EDT)

Well this week has just flown by. We have had some good experiences this week. We have taught a lot of good lessons. So first off I wanted to mention the changes in the District. Sister Buxton went home and was replaced by Sister Westling. In Topsham Sister Escobar got transferred and was replaced by Sister Keigley. So funny story about Sister Westling. We drove us and the Sisters to District Meeting on Wednesday. I asked Sister Westling where she was from, she said Utah, I asked her what part. She said that it was a small farming community that no one has ever heard of. I asked what the town name is and she said Genola. I was pretty surprised.  I told her that of course I knew exactly where Genola is and that my grandparents and cousins live there and thats where my mom grew up. It was pretty funny. She is from Genola 3rd Ward.

I have one really awesome thing to share and then I gotta go: Back in October a branch member invited her friend to a church activity. After a few times attending weekly church activities the friend came to church on Sunday also. The mother was super impressed with the changes that her daughter was making. She was very curious about the church. Around Easter we invited the member family to share the Because of Him video with this investigator family.  The mother saw it and requested a Book of Mormon, so we got the media referral on the phone. We stopped by 3 or 4 times and called her but no answer,  but we didn't give up. Finally she was home and she was so excited to see us. We gave her a Book of Mormon and a Restoration pamphlet. She has read the whole restoration pamphlet and has done the study sections in the back. The mother and daughter have gone to church two weeks in a row. This week she surprised us. She told us that they want to be baptized into the church. We told her about the missionary lessons and she immediately scheduled all of the lessons on her calendar. She told us which days and which times to come by and she said, "I want to make the goal of getting me and my daughter baptized into this church before the end of the summer." It was really amazing. I had never had that happen before. We told them before our lesson next week to start reading the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true.
Thanks everyone for all you do!!



Elder CWJensen