April 28, 2014



Dear Family and Friends                  Monday, April 28, 2014 at 12:35 p.m.  (EDT)

Well this last week went pretty well. 

 I have been doing really well this week. I saw a lot of improvement in myself this week. These past couple of days I have been really thinking about my attitude towards missionary work. I have also been thinking a lot about a family in our branch that recently told us that they no longer want to be members of the church after a lifetime of activity in the church. I have been trying to figure out what keeps a person really active in the church. It really brought to mind the differences between the 3rd and 4th missionary. The 3rd missionary does everything required of him. He follows all the commandments, yet so did Laman and Lemuel. Really the difference is the desire. A 4th missionary and a truly active member of the church desires to do good. Their heart is in it. So that is what I have been trying to do. Really, truly have my heart in the work. It seems like everything that has happened this week has revolved around that. Even down to the talks at church. In order to have my heart in the work I have been really trying to study the scriptures and feast on the words of Christ as well as to pour out my heart to God in prayer.

Click this link to read "The Fourth Missionary" by Lawrence Corbridge

We went down to Manchester for a training meeting early on in the week. It was a lot of fun. Some Sister missionaries from Waterville ME picked us up. It was a fun drive because one of the Sisters was Sister Kotter that I served in Lamoille Valley with. So we got to talk about all the great people in Lamoille.

After getting back from the meeting I went on an exchange with Elder Dean in Yarmouth. We met at the Taco Bell in Brunswick for the exchange. The rest of the week went really well. The work is really picking up in this area. Today I am going down to Saco for an exchange with the Zone Leaders. I will be with Elder M. Smith my trainer. I am loading pictures onto my flash drive right now so I will send that in the mail.

Elder CWJensen