October 6, 2014




Dear Family and Friends,                                               Monday, October 6, 2014 at 10:39 a.m. (EDT)

Well here are some things that happened this week. The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Elder Vaughn's mom is in Tab Choir
I found out at General Conference that Elder Vaughn's mom sings in the Tabernacle Choir. It was fun to look for her during each song. I included a picture of the Tabernacle Choir with an arrow pointing to her.

J-Dubs, Mormons and Latterday Saints, Angel's helping hands.
So we were out tracting the other day and we talked to a lady. She was cleaning her house so we offered to help. She declined but told us thank you. She then asked if we were Jehovah's Witnesses. We told her that we were not. I told her, "Ill give you one more guess." She said Latter-day Saints. She said that it wasnt hard to guess because there is three main groups that proselyte. Jehovah's Witnesses, Latter-day Saints and Mormons. She also said that she liked a group that did something similar to us but just does service, "Angel's Helping Hands." She meant Mormon Helping Hands.

You are the first decent young men I've seen
We were walking by a construction site the other day. A gentleman that was working there came out and spoke with us. He told us, "I have been on this site for almost a year and you three are the most decent looking young men that I have ever seen walking by." He then shook our hands.

Spanish Pentacostal Church
We got invited to go to a Spanish Pentacostal Church the other day. That was an interesting experience. We couldnt even find the church. It ended up being above a warehouse. There was 15 people in total there in a little tiny room. They had band equipment that took up half the room and huge loud speakers. They turned the volume all the way up and when the pastor got up to talk he yelled into the microphone. We left with quite the headache.

She Loves the Book of Mormon
Lately we have been reading the Book of Mormon every time we go over to see S. We are into 1 Nephi Chapter 4. As we go along we are explaining the story so that she understands. The results have been phenomenal. She is really progressing well. The Book of Mormon is a true book.

Manchester Drugs
So this ones an odd story. The other day we were teaching a couple. In the middle of the lesson the husband pulled out a bowl and lit up some marijuana. Obviously I wanted to get out of that lesson as soon as possible, but I did not want to be rude. Looking back I should have told him, "there is no way you are going to smoke that with us here." But I didnt I just tried to close the lesson quickly. Well my companion wanted to finish the lesson so he kept talking. The longer we were there the more smoke we inhaled. Well he lit the bowl up 3 or 4 times before we were able to leave. Unfortunately we inhaled enough of the foul smoke to... yes get high off of it. We didnt breathe a whole lot in but just enough to where I felt super sick to my stomach, and for the next half hour we were a little lightheaded and a little loopy. Last time I ever allow someone to smoke weed in front of me. 

So Glad I was taught right
This past week I have been super grateful to mom and dad for raising me with the right values and work ethic. Back home I didnt do fantastic at cleaning up at home, but I was taught how to do it and that I should do it. Mom did a really good job for making up what I lacked in cleaning the house. Now on my mission I am super grateful for that because I see how easy it is to clean up and have the apartment be a nice place. The spirit is felt so much more in a clean house. Mom should be proud of me, I even make my bed every day. It is always fixed, and the dishes are always clean and put away. Thanks Mom and Dad.

Have a great week!

Elder Jensen