April 14, 2014



Dear Family and Friends,                                           Monday, April 14, 2014 at 11:15 a.m. (EDT)
Well this week has been pretty great. I have my new trainee. His name is Elder Sean Thomas and he is from Hull, England. My last companion Elder Hansen got transferred to Georgetown Massachusetts. On Tuesday we got a ride from a member and he brought us down to Manchester. The transfer meeting was huge. We filled up the whole chapel with missionaries. I saw a lot of my previous companions there. Elder Simmonds got transferred out of Randolph. He is now in Derry NH. He said that things are going great in Randolph. CJ, Seth and Ethan's mom hasnt been baptized yet but she is still working toward it. They have seen some great progress with several people there. 
This past week has been very stressful. Training is really difficult for me, especially with being a District Leader as well. It seems like I am going a million miles an hour all of the time. We have really been working hard this past week and we have seen a lot of success because of it. We had a great lesson with E and his family. They were all involved in the lesson. His mom's boyfriend, Francisco fixed us dinner and then we taught the family about prayer and how important it is. After their lesson we stopped by our upstairs neighbors, B and T. They are in their mid 20s, both have served in the Marines. They met each other at a Marine function and they decided to be roommates. We talked with them for a good hour and they invited us to come back. T asked for a Book of Mormon and we are going to watch the Joseph Smith movie with them. We found a new investigator the other day. There is a less active in our apartment complex. He knocked on our door and introduced himself. We didnt know he lived here because he hasnt moved his records yet. He invited us to his apartment and we got to know his family and then we taught a brief spiritual thought. They invited us back for this Thursday. Things have been going really well.
A brother in the branch told me that he has a friend that just got his mission call to the Denver South Mission, which is our mission back home. He is leaving in May. His name is Luis Patino. So look out for an Elder Patino. That would be pretty cool.

I was studying the scriptures this past week and came across a scripture in Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

I have really noticed that this past week. As I have tried to follow the Savior and push to become a better missionary as I have been training I have really noticed my weaknesses. I get really frustrated with that. It has been really tough on my mission to let off steam and to deal with stress. Back home whenever I became stressed I would hop in my truck and go for a drive or I would at least take some time to be alone. As a missionary I havent been able to do this. So I have been really trying to turn my weaknesses into strengths. I guess the only way I can do that is by having faith in Christ.


Love CWJensen